13 August 2013

Clara :: Shared on Anchor&Plum Press

 Anchor&Plume Press shared a short (story) I wrote on the season of canning and preserving.

"As the harvest moon approached and the sun slowly tucked into the bed of summer’s edge, Clara and her sister would gather themselves under the aprons of their mother and aunt at the hearth of their grandparents’ kitchen. ...."

Please click through to read the rest and let me know what you think.
 P.S. I would love for you to leave any notes, criticism and feedback over at Anchor&Plume!



6 comments:

  1. Love a story about canning in this abundant season! Thanks Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the story about canning -- especially in this abundant season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just visited Anchor and Plume...and just spent several minutes soaking in your story, feeling transported to childhood in late summer. When I read read creative writing, I am reading not to "find out what happened" in a plot, but instead just to soak in the imagery, atmosphere, smells, sounds and spirit of another time, or season or place. I am so glad I found a few minutes to enter into Clara's grandmother's kitchen in late summer. Oh, that was lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lisa, I am so so glad! thank you ever so much for your kind words! xo

      Delete

hello there! I love it so when you leave a bit of a note to let me know how you are and what you are thinking. I always love to hear about the things inspiring you and moving you through your day.

About Recently...